Participants in the Paths of Courage Program will have time to relax and recharge built into the schedule, without the pressure and distractions of everyday life. For many, it may be the first time they will be free to focus on themselves, reach out to others with similar experiences, and develop the strength and momentum they need to heal.
Note: Due to confidentiality concerns, the use of electronic devices such as cell phones, iPads, iPods, tablets, laptops, communication devices is not allowed.
A typical week with the Paths of Courage Program
Participants will experience an afternoon of introductions and familiarization with the facility and other participants.
During the first evening at the program, participants and staff will gather for an opening ceremony and welcome dinner. Each morning for the remainder of the program, participants will gather for group work after breakfast, then the rest of the day will include a combination of facilitator-led trust building activities, physical exercise, creative expression, and free time.
Each day will include a regularly scheduled breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and snacks will be available throughout the day to keep participants nourished.
The program includes:
- Therapeutic interventions that reframe the impact of sexual abuse
- Supportive sessions and trust-building exercises with peers and professionals
- Participation in a safe and supportive group process
- Transforming old beliefs and thought patterns
- Learning new ways to emotionally connect and release in a safe group environment
- Methods for healthy communication and positive reflection
- Outdoor activities, nourishing food, fresh air and plenty of time to rest
- Sacred Healing Fire
- Creative expression through art, music and interaction with nature
- Peace, quiet and soothing solitude in a tranquil environment